Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Boots Like These - LIVE - Video - 05.02.2009

So sorry for the miss-post, but thanks to the kind folks who were at the show and corrected me and made sure I knew this song is "Boots Like These" off of his new album WHITE LIES FOR DARK TIMES (c) 2009. That is a great album and my next post that is about to drop goes over it. I did want to point out however since I already got started.

Ben did do a cover of "HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE" ~ Standing in the Shadows of Motown [SOUNDTRACK] - 12-24-2002 HIP-O Record (this was the first time I have heard this live in my 15 years covering and seeing Ben all over in L.A., New Orleans, Atlanta, San Francisco starting off first at Lulu's in Normaltown (a Diner/Beer Bar) where we sat on the floor and he played to us acoustic (also saw Jeff Buckley in the same setting). I was shocked and awed by Ben and from that moment forth I was an insta-fan, this is the first of what I hope to be many videos on the Brasshatgroup YouTube channel, please sign-up and join us as we "Fight The Resistance", the MLK/Ghandi way:






Now For The Video, Please Enjoy!



Standing in the Shadows of Motown is a 2002 documentary film directed by Paul Justman. It recounts the story of The Funk Brothers, the uncredited and largely unheralded studio musicians who performed on Motown Records' recordings from 1959 to 1972. The film was inspired by a 1989 bass guitar instruction book of the same name, by Allan Slutsky, which features the bass lines of James Jamerson.

The film covers the Funk Brothers' career via interviews with surviving band members, archival footage and still photos, dramatized re-enactments, and narration by actor Andre Braugher. The film also features new live performances of several Motown hit songs, with the Funk Brothers backing up Gerald Levert, Me'shell Ndegeocello, Joan Osborne, Ben Harper, Bootsy Collins, Chaka Khan, and Montell Jordan.

In case you haven't heard anything off of this or seen this film, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT, the soundtrack is amazing and I have it here for you to look and gawk at, once again Enjoy! I promise more on the Ben Harper & Relentless 7 show soon.

- The Brass Hat Group

Released by Hip-O Records. Can be purchased off of their official website here:

Now For The Video, Please Enjoy!

If you do decide to get it, I would recommend the double disk version with the songs seen below and some samples of those songs too, this can be bought off their website or off of Amazon in case you have one of those discount cards like I do, either way it's a must have for Birthday, Christmas, Bastille Day, whatever, whenever:

Disc: 1
1. Heat Wave
2. You've Really Got A Hold On Me
3. Do You Love Me
4. Bernadette
5. Reach Out I'll Be There
6. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
7. Shotgun
8. What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted
9. I Heard It Through The Grapevine
10. You Keep Me Hanging On
11. Cool Jerk
12. Cloud Nine
13. What's Going On
14. Band Introduction / Ain't No Mountain High Enough
15. The Flick
16. Boom Boom
17. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
18. Scorpio

Disc: 2
1. Funk Brothers In The House
2. Standing In The Shadows Of Love
3. Dialogue: Joe Hunter
4. The One Who Really Loves You
5. Pride And Joy
6. Dialogue: Robert White
7. My Girl
8. Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
9. Don't Mess With Bill
10. The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game
11. Dialogue: Eddie Willis, Uriel Jones & Jack Ashford
12. I Second That Emotion
13. I Was Made To Love Her
14. Dialogue: Richard "Pistol" Allen
15. Heard It Through The Grapevine
16. Home Cookin'
17. For Once In My Life
18. Dialogue: Jack Ashford
19. I Can't Get Next To You
20. It's A Shame
21. Ain't No Mountain High Enough
22. Dialogue: Eddie WIllis
23. Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
24. Dialogue: Lamont Dozier
25. You're My Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: RSS Feed

quantcast

test

 
Clicky Web Analytics