Friday, May 15, 2009

A little sickness is nothing when you have friends by your side...Matthew Barber live @ Union Hall 5.13.2009 - Easily Bruised

So on the night I was supposed to be in Athens, GA, hearing one of my personally favorite musicians, Matthew Barber, both as singer/songwriter; and honestly as a person. He took the time out, some 15 minutes before he was about about to go on stage an perform and shoot me an email via phone to check on if I was OK and then after reading my email on what was going on wishing me, "to feel better," among other kind sentiments.

That transcends music.

I will not go into details about what ailment I have, but it causes me a lot of difficulty lately with life and doing normal activities and hopefully I will find some cure, but if not it is nice to know that people even ones famous enough to be nominated for nationally acclaimed awards. It goes to show you a lot of the stereotypes about people and fame and all that stuff you read onn those trashy sites about the debauchery and greed of stars is not all true. Matthew Barber is not one of them. He is unique, not just because he is talented, but because he is as benevolent as his songs and the vocal resonating harmonies that accompany them. When was the last time one of your musical heroes sent you an email from their phone minutes before going on stage to make sure you were OK? Does that happen, really? Clearly the answer is yes. I am grateful beyond reproach. Moments like these, no matter when or how they occur give me faith in our society and savage beast that is supposedly has become. When people put aside all that is going on around them and care for each other, what do you call that?

For me...That is humanity.

For me...That is integrity.

For me...That is hope.

Thanks Matt...indeed.

Here is a copy of Matthew live on 5.13.09, it appears I am the first viewer and you are the 2nd. I guess this just went up and I found it, again, coincidence or intervention from the powers that be, from the goodness of man that still appears to exist. Please enjoy and check out stuff from IndieCabaretNYC on YouTube. All of his stuff is top notch, enjoy! Follow this guy if you like high rez, tunes from the NYC music scene...here is:

"Easily Bruised" by Matthew Barber ~ Ghost Notes (live @ Union Hall, Brooklyn May 13, 2009)



fyi...this song is my favorite song in the world, today...it's so right on right. Tomorrow might be something else, but today this wins the contest if there was one in my riddled mind. Listen closely, please and if not here below to the track you can dl, but listen closely, it's worth it, it's deserving of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: RSS Feed

quantcast

test

 
Clicky Web Analytics